We live in the earth and we want the earth to keep on living.
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle.
- We conserve water by commiting to short, timed showers.
- We compost. Composting means that instead of throwing out egg shells, apple cores, coffee grinds ect. we save them and use them to enrich our garden soil.
- Herbs, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini are currently growing in our little garden patch and we hope they will supplement our diet and serve as gifts soon.
- Home-made earth-friendly vinegar based cleaner takes the place of traditional store-bought chemical-based cleaners, and we use the air-dry setting on our dishwasher.
- We strive to replace short-distance car rides with biking and walking and commit to a tradition of car-pooling for longer trips.
- Our heating/cooling system is set to a certain temperature (79 degrees in the summer!!! ah!) that ensures enengy saving.